Saturday, July 3, 2010

Miniature inspiration

One of my inspirations for starting up miniatures was this wonderful book, The Princess and the Pea by Lauren Child...

 We've always been big fans of Lauren Child's vibrant and graphic style in our family.  As toddlers, my sons loved the Charlie and Lola books and TV series. As they grew older, Hubert Horatio and Whose afraid of the Big Bad Book became favorites.  We even named two cats Charlie and Lola! But when this book came out I bought it more for me than them.

Child created the rooms in the book out of cereal boxes and picture board, drew the characters cut them out then place them into the scene along with miniatures she found, commissioned and made herself. Then Polly Borland worked with her (in Child's kitchen) to photograph the boxes...



The results are mesmerizing...


Even Emerson is a fan of the work...


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous inspiration! Having only sons (and now a little grandson) I'm not familiar with this but I must look for it at my local library.

    ReplyDelete