Saturday, July 7, 2012

1930's Glam Townhouse - Top Floor..




Originally, the top floor of the 1930's Glam Townhouse was going to be garret-like, shabby and rundown.  It was going to be Miriam Smith's large room and art studio.  In my haste to get the house done, I decided to go with the more traditional approach, a bedroom for Miriam and a bedroom for Miriam's daughter, Constance.  Miriam is supposedly a widow.

Miriam's room...

The lamp on the dressing table is my first attempt at a handmade lamp...


 A love letter on Miriam's dressing table (a secret love?).



Miriam's daughter, Constance's room...(Constance looks more like the unwed Eveline than the supposedly widowed Miriam.)




 These rooms were done in haste and I will probably go back to them sometime.  But for now it is time to put the 1930's Glam Townhouse to bed.


I hope you've enjoyed the tour!

12 comments:

  1. Very nice job! I particularly like the art deco mirror in miriam's room. Her daughter's room is really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik heb genoten van de tour door je prachtige poppenhuis. Wat een schattig popje zit er naast het poppenhuisje.

    Vriendelijke groeten,

    Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice,- the wallpapers fits so well.
    And the colors so good.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the lamp! Your attention to all the little details is impeccable, Heather. Thank you for allowing us in to catch a glimpse of this stunning property.

    What's next???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miriam's room is very elegant. I like baby room.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lamp is wonderful. She is really working!? I'll try it also in my next life ;)
    I love all the little details in Constance's room. The little doll is so cute.
    Hugs from Craftland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous rooms!

    * I loved the bits of gossip between the lines. ;)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Heather
    Thank you for coming visiting my blog. I really like your blog header and your name. Where have you been doing many great things. I totally love your bedroom.
    Good luck
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a great tour with a lot of wonderful things to see.
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your house! Those two top rooms are very cozy looking. You did a great job with this one. I'm sure you won't be able to resist changing things a bit. But it does look fantastic!
    hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the wallpaper in Miriams room. Great colors and cool pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice and cute collection. the colors are prety cool

    ReplyDelete